The Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society is the only group devoted exclusively to Maritime & Ham Radio, Lightships, and Lighthouses. The ARLHS was formed to:
Membership in the Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society includes a membership certificate, a 3 inch embroidered color shoulder patch, and a subscription to the newsletter that is mailed to members throughout the year. Members use their ARLHS membership number in various on-the-air events, and are entitled to use the Society's logo on envelopes, QSL's, and stationery.
- Promote public awareness of the role ham radio and light beacons have played in assisting and maintaining safety at sea
- Preserve the heritage and history of lighthouses and lightships
- Aid in preserving those lights in danger of destruction or decay
- Recognize the keepers of the lights as maritime heroes
- Foster camaraderie within the ham fraternity
- Provide fellowship amongst members of the Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society
The ARLHS badge has the club logo in full color, the CALL SIGN in YELLOW with a thin BLACK outline, FIRST NAME in RED and the MEMBERSHIP NUMBER and your CITY, STATE in BLACK.
The ARLHS badge measures 2" tall by 3" wide and is $13.50 plus s&h (included with your personal order acknowledgement).
To order your ARLHS badge, click here and the select the Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society badge under the CLUB ITEMS section.
For additional information on the Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society, please visit their
web site or send them an